I’ve been loving posting about food that I love making on this blog and I really hope that you have too. Breakfast in bed is really lovely, especially when it’s totally unexpected! There’s no better way to start your Valentine’s Day than by surprising your partner with a healthy and very pretty breakfast smoothie bowl! Not only is this bowl filled with superfoods, it is also suitable for vegans, which I always really love because I know how difficult it can be!
Smoothie bowls make for a great breakfast. They tend to contain more kilojoules than regular smoothies because they are supposed to act as an entire meal. Adding oats and nut butters makes breakfast smoothie bowls very filling and will keep you satisfied for hours. Ever since I had one in Fremantle last year, I’ve been hooked! It makes a complete breakfast, is easy to digest and tastes amazing. My favourite part of creating these smoothie bowls is decorating them. What makes this smoothie bowl particularly romantic is the strawberries.
To me, strawberries are an extremely romantic fruit because they are both red on the outside and when you cut them in half, they are heart shaped! Nothing screams love more than the strawberry.
- 1 tsp acai powder
- 1 banana
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water, coconut water or almond milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- some fresh granola to top (optional)
- fresh fruit for decoration (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or one of those magic bullet do-hickies.
- Once the mixture is nice and creamy looking, pour into a nice bowl.
- Cut up your fresh fruit and place it on top to make it look very instagram (you’ll want to take photos of this for sure)
I really hope that you let me know if you try this out because I am very excited about it! I hope that you all have a fantastic day and I’ll talk to you again tomorrow~
If you want to keep updated, you can:
or follow this blog! 🙂
Au revoir xxx