Seeing as what you put in your body is just as important as what you put on your body, I thought that I’d share a recipe that I love. I am making this for my 21st with my family, tomorrow, and I’ve trialled it, everyone loved it, so we doin’ it. I hope that you enjoy!
- 500 grams of pumpkin, chopped into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup couscous (instant)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (reduced salt)/vegetable stock or if your couscous is flavoured already, water will be fine.
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
- juice of 1 lemon
- 100 grams of danish feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F). Place pumpkin on an oven tray lined with baking paper or sprayed with baking spray. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is cooked and slightly golden. Set aside.
- While pumpkin is cooking, boil stock on the stove or turn kettle on, depending on what you use. Place the couscous in a large heat proof bowl and pour over the hot stock/water. Allow to stand for 5 minutes or until the stock is absorbed. Use a fork to fluff the couscous. If there is too much liquid, add some more couscous and heat it up in the microwave.
- Add the roasted pumpkin, chopped herbs, halved cherry tomatoes, and lemon juice to the couscous and mix to combine.
- Serve with crumbled feta.
I am very excited for everyone to eat and enjoy my salad tomorrow. If you give this recipe a try, let me know via comment or if you post it on instagram, tag me! I hope that you’re all having a great day!
If you want to keep updated, you can:
or follow this blog! 🙂
Au revoir xxx